SAP BI/ BW Permanent role, End User, Tampa, Florida, USA.
My client is a global user of SAP are looking to add to thier SAP BI/ BW team. My client is looking for a Permanent employee with the following skill set.
Responsibilities include design, development and implementation of BW/BI objects including extraction, transformation and load processes, DSO, infoCubes, aggregates, indexes and reports, including the use of ABAP where necessary. Individual will utilize SAP BW Query Designer, BEx Analyzer, Business Objects (Crystal Reports), or other SAP BW and/or Business Objects technologies to delivery reporting solutions. Must be able to diagnose and correct issues in SAP BW and Business Objects, working with the SAP BW Basis team when required. Must perform testing activities including construction of test plans/scripts and including the expected results and the validation of test results necessary to ensure the BI objects meet functional and technical requirements. Will work with the BI Architect and functional teams to analyze and translate business requirements and functional specifications into detailed designs, data flow diagrams and data models. Will provide critical review of detailed designs and development among other team members. Will typically serve in a lead role for BI/BW related projects an provide training and mentoring for junior team members and for the business reporting community.
- Provides technical leadership for BW/BI related development activities
- Performs in a project lead role for small to complex BW/BI projects
- Reviews and critiques the deliverables of junior team members
- Provides training and mentoring for junior team members on the BI/BW development team and for reporting analysts located in the business
- Analyzes business requirements across multiple business areas including the evaluation of all available BW/BI software packages
- Formulates and defines reporting application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems
- Develops business reporting solutions that comply with established architectural standards, established methodologies and best practices
- Creates detailed design documents that translate business requirements into an appropriate system design, as well as version control of deliverables
- Codes/configures reporting application components and interfaces
- Prepares test plans, certifies string testing results, and performs regression and integration testing across reporting applications
- Coordinates and schedules change control and production verification processes. Prepares required documentation
- Monitors daily problem queues, resolves application and interface specific problems, and escalates as appropriate, participates in the rotational pager support as required